Thursday, June 10, 2004

Who knew?

A student at a British university is suing his school for negligence. He admits to plagiarism by downloading material from the Web, but claims that he didn't know it wasn't allowed and that the school was negligent for not catching him early on and stopping him.

Michael Gunn, a 21-year-old English student, told the Times Higher: "I hold my hands up. I did plagiarise. I never dreamt it was a problem. I can see there is evidence I have gone against the rules, but they have taken all my money for three years and pulled me up the day before I finished. If they had pulled me up with my first essay at the beginning and warned me of the problems and consequences, it would be fair enough. But all my essays were handed back with good marks and no one spotted it."

I guess this doesn't have much to do with IP law beside the fact that this kid was obviously infringing on copyrights, but it is pretty funny anyway.

BBC Article here, thanks to the IP News Blog for pointing it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares < ? law blogs # > Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory